Sunday, August 30, 2009

Old shoes, new adventures.

Adidas: the acronym for All Day I Dream About Sports which as also popularized by the group Korn as All Day I Dream About Sex.



I bought these shoes at a liquidation sale a few years back (3 I think) for 29$. Since then I've sort of abandoned my good old Doctor Martens for the lighter, faster and lets face it, far more stylish running shoes that you see pictured above.

These shoes have been with me through thick and thin of the course of the last three years. I've helped people move, I've gone camping, I've ran away from white supremacists in Florida, I've roamed the streets of Havana, I've had them confiscated (and given back) by American Homeland Security, I've made and lost fortunes while wearing these shoes and I've walked thousands and thousands of miles with these sneakers on my feet.

Shoes are important, they're the one item of clothing that accompanies you every day, that lives side by side with you. Treat them well and they'll treat you exactly the same,

I love these shoes, because whenever I look at them I think back to all my adventures, all my memories and everything that's ever happened to me with these shoes on my feet. You know the old expression: Walk a mile in a man's shoes. Well if anyone ever wants to walk a mile in mine just let me know and I'll be glad to ship them to you as long as you promise to send them back to me along with a story of what happened to you while you were wearing them.

6 comments:

Charlie Bravo said...

All you want (to dream about) but the Doc Martens are a standard.... and for tennis shoes.... you've got the converse all stars!
Adidas, well, I don't wear them anymore. When Castro started wearing adidas, ALL DREAMS I DREAMT(were) ABOUT SHIT! hehehe, castro's drowning in his own crap!

Charlie Bravo said...

Actually, it's a play on Adi (Adoph) Dasser, the founder of the brand....

Muchacho Enfermo said...

I don't know man... I've got the converse but they never last as long as these Adidas. And as far as the being named after Adi Dasser, well sir, your general knowledge will never cease to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

i love those shose!!!

Charlie Bravo said...

It's what I call "bathroom reading culture", Muchacho!

Muchacho Enfermo said...

@wendy: best. shoes. ever.

@Charlie: I gotta get me one of those general reading books for the bathroom... the only one I have is Rockstars do the Dumbest Things... lol