Friday, September 4, 2009

Reverends, Pussy and Cowboys

Motorhead.
Reverend Horton Heat.
Nashville Pussy.

You'd think that this concert would be the biggest ticket in town, the most badass of badass shows ever, the loudest, smelliest, most evil place to be... and you'd be right!


I walk into the Metropolis at 8:05pm, just in time to hear the words "Do you want some pussy?" shouted over the speaker system. From that moment on I knew it would be a night to remember! On came Nashville Pussy with their hard hitting southern sounds. I'd never had a chance to see them live before, but man I'm glad I did!


(During their 30 minutes set I had four beers, to add to the 5 that I'd had prior to the show, so far so good, I was still standing and that's what mattered.)


Next came the Reverend, the holiest of holy rockabilly musicians, there's something to be said for some as old as the Rev to still be pumping out such classics as "Please don't take the Baby to the Liquor Store", with his black shirt, black shoes, black pants and a bright red suit jacket with blue flames and sequins on it, I don't think the Rev could have gotten any better!

(4 more beers and the night starts to get a little blurry)

Then came Motorhead... Seeing Lemmy up on stage for the first time I realized that Motorhead is not a band made to see live, to be honest it was the most boring part of the concert and probably the biggest waste of 1:30 that I've had to experience in a while (except for the like 3-4 more beers)... But the mosh pit was insane. I got punched in the face, I fell on the floor, someone stole my house keys and my wallet chain, I'm pretty sure someone tried to stick their hand down my pants and as soon as the played Ace of Spades the rest of my night is a blur...

I don't remember how I got home, how I got in my house, where my money went, where my t-shirt went, how come I have a new pack of cigarettes or how (just now) I found a new Nashville Pussy shirt on the floor of my office that proudly says "In Lust we Trust"...

It was truly a night to remember... I just wish I could remember it!

2 comments:

Charlie Bravo said...

Ah, the sweet life of Muchacho Enfermo!!!

Muchacho Enfermo said...

Oh yes my friend! Life is sweet indeed when Nashville Pussy is in town!