Friday, October 2, 2009

Worst beer EVER

Being Canadian I pride myself on my knowledge and taste in hops based alcoholic beverages (ie beer). I like to think that my upbringing in an Irish/Scottish/French family and being a 5th generation alcoholic has taught me a thing or two about a thing or two. But nothing had prepared me for this...



I went to the liquor store the other day to restock my wine cellar and saw this adorable bottle of beer with a skeleton sitting on a barrel on it with the catchy name "Dead Guy Ale"... Well I should have looked down and also read "Oregon Brewed" because if I had I wouldn't have shelled out 4$ for one bottle of what ended up being the worst tasting beer in the world.

I've always said never judge a boor by it's cover... the same goes for liquor. The quality of what's inside is usually in direct reverse-proportion of the quality of its outside. (Except in the case of Unibroue beers which I will discuss in a later post).

So people don't be fooled by "Dead Guy Ale"... While I do not wish death upon the people responsible for brewing this shit, I do wish something bad to happen to them along the lines of a flat tire or girl with "really big feet"...

No comments: